Thursday 7 March 2013

Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself by Francois Nars


I absolutely love this book. I got it a few years ago from my husband (first anniversary 'paper' gift, perfect, no?) and I regularly flick through to draw some inspiration from the pages.It's an interesting concept as he photographs the models bare faced and then fully made up and places the images side by side. In between is an acetate sheet detailing the exact products used, where and how. It's extremely helpful if you're looking to recreate the different looks, or if you're just interested in technique and application.

Here are some of my favourite images from the book...














As you can see there are a variety of models and looks. I find this book so inspirational when I'm a bit stuck and I've had great fun trying out some of the more adventurous looks. Only downside is my Nars wish list is now humongous.

I highly recommend this book if you are studying make up, or even if you have a slight interest and like stunningly composed photography books. It's available from the Nars website for £29.95.

Do you have a favourite makeup book?

vxo

1 comment:

  1. I love Francois Nars and his whole philosophy toward beauty! I really want this book! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete