Sunday 10 February 2013

January Favourites

Crap at getting these posts up at the beginning of the month. Ten days late, ten days!! Must do better next time.


*Steam Cream-I received a full size tin of this in my Latest in Beauty Advent calendar, thrilled! I know it's been discussed to death on various blogs so don't expect a full review but I do really like this. Not so much on my face but I carry it around with me to use on hands, elbows etc and it makes a huge difference to dry winter skin.
*Clinique Chubby Stick 06 Woppin' Watermelon is a nice bright pink shade. The sheerness of the product stops it being scary and makes it easily wearable for every day. Huge fan of Chubby Sticks but the £16 price tag makes me cringe.
*MAC Trax eyeshadow is probably my all time favourite shade from any brand. It's purple/gold colour is so complex and it can easily be incorporated into day or night make up. This tutorial from Pixiwoo is my favourite way to wear it. I love how much it brings the green out in my hazel eyes too.
*MAC Vanilla Pigment has become my every day go to highlighter for cheeks and brows etc. It is quite intense if not blended in but I love it. I've had this for a few years now and only broke it out for special occasions but now I'm getting my money's worth from it. I swear I've spilled more than I've actually used though ha!
*Essie Leading Lady from the new collection is my current favourite polish. See here for pics and review
*Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat has made enough of a difference in my home manicures for me to include it in my favourites. I've never stuck to using products like this before, I've never been impressed with them. But this is quality. It feels very thick and makes at least a one-two day difference to my nails before I get a catastrophic chip. It seals glitter top coats and stops them being uneven and scratchy. Love this, and for about a fiver you really can't go wrong.

What have you been loving this month?

vxo

1 comment:

  1. Love the Clinique Chubby Sticks, so easy to use! =) xo

    ReplyDelete