Monday 5 November 2012

Moroccan Oil

Hi all! Hope your Monday is going well.

I wanted to share my thoughts on Moroccan Oil with you.  I have been in two minds about whether or not to buy myself a bottle. Whenever I've experienced it in the past at the hairdressers etc I have loved it, the smell, how quickly it seemed to make my hair dry, the way it felt afterwards. And truly I have had to talk myself out of purchasing it on many occasions as I don't actually need it. (If I bought everything I wanted I would almost instantly become a homeless crazy lady hauling around her Glossy Boxes full of pretty stuff.)

So the mental wrestling over need/want has continued ever since. Unfortunately it popped up on BuyaPowa last week. I saw the email, said no. Had a look on the website, said no. The price dropped to £20, still said no. Smugly praised myself for being oh so strong. But the small part of me that desperately wanted this product couldn't leave it alone and checked the website one last time: there was one Moroccan Oil left. And before I knew what happened I had a 'Congratulations on your purchase' email from Buyapowa. Oops.



So onto the review. It does smell incredible, like medicine and herbs. One pump is about enough to cover the entirety of my quite long hair. The effects aren't immediately noticeable but once my hair is dried and brushed through the difference is obvious. My hair is left really soft, honestly it doesn't even feel like my bleached covered in split ends mane.

However, the same can be said for most hair oils. I have used and repurchased VO5 Miracle Oil and am also a big fan of the L'oreal Mythic Oil. So really it's not a giant surprise that I like Moroccan Oil. And it is better, but to quantify it by price? It's not three or four times better than the other products available on the market.

So to conclude, Moroccan Oil is amazing and lovely and if you get on with hair oils it may become your favourite product. But it is not, in my opinion, worth the £30 price tag.

What are your thoughts on Moroccan Oil?


vxo


No comments:

Post a Comment